To enhance capabilities and make the network more responsive to industry needs, UKRRIN members are keen to seek out expressions of interests from academic institutions to become official members of the UKRRIN network as part of one of two new proposed Centres of Excellence.
Since the development of the network in 2018, UKRRIN has offered industry access to world-leading facilities and skills in a range of areas to support research, development and innovation for new technologies and products. The existing Centres in the areas of infrastructure, digital systems, rolling stock and testing continue to grow and deliver vital research addressing key industry challenges and developing innovative solutions and products.
A recent review of network capabilities has prompted discussions about areas that can be enhanced to meet the current and emerging needs of the industry.
Based on this, the network is looking to engage with institutions with expertise that can support the development of Centres of Excellence in the following areas:
Centre of Excellence in Inclusive Passenger Experience
The Centre will cover topics such as:
- Inclusive Design
- Passenger digital connectivity
- Future passenger preferences and demand
- Passenger performance metrics
Centre of Excellence Rail Economics, Policy and Operations
This Centre will cover topics such as
- Demand Forecasting
- Cost Modelling
- Regulatory Policy and Competition
- Investment Appraisal and Evaluation
- Operations Research
The Expression of Interest document and forms can be found below.
Submit your expression of interest
- Please send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: “UKRRIN EoI”
- Application forms should be no longer than max. 8 pages
- The deadline for expressions of interest is 19th March 2021.
Any questions please contact us email@example.com